Saturday, March 19, 2011

Heartbreak and Loss

Ken left his body at 7:01 this morning, in front of the fireplace at home, surrounded by myself and our children. A sudden turn for the worse happened yesterday morning, characterized by difficulty breathing. Our wonderful hospice nurse came right away with tips to make him more comfortable. Between 3 and 4 am I woke up to find him awake and alert. I told him I loved him and said some familiar prayers and any reassuring thoughts that came to mind. Then he went to sleep, and by the time the kids got up his breathing had slowed down. We lit candles, put photos and flowers on the fireplace, burned the incense he liked and played some favorite music. Quickly, peacefully and naturally his breathing stopped. Officially, he died of complications of cancer. I feel very sorry for myself and the if-only's are crazy-making. I do know that Ken is all right and that I and our family will be all right in time. I am also grateful to the Universe to have had such a wonderful 37 1/2 year romance with Ken. He was an amazing husband and father. We birthed our children in front of the fireplace, so it was a perfect setting for his death. Anyone who wants to pay their respects is welcome to join us at our family home next Saturday, March 26th from 12 to 3. We live at 55-100 Rue Marande, Thermal, CA. 92274

2 comments:

  1. I am so saddened to know that Uncle Ken is gone, but I know he is in a better place and one that knows no pain, I love you Aunt Mary and wish I could give you a big hug. I have passed on the information to my mom and know we are all thinking of you in this time of great sorrow. Love Always, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of attention nowadays focusing on the topic of manifestation, creation, intention and the law of attraction. With a lot of information available online, people are getting more and more informed about certain topics than ever before.

    Ilchi Lee

    ReplyDelete